Not open for further replies.

raghavkmr

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i am using 8051 microcontoller with uart interrupts
I am using minicom (in Ubuntu ) as hyperterminal for serial console (uart) of 8051
When i give an input using keyboard , i cannot see what i entered on minicom terminal,but the code works ,as i can see the correct output on minicom

How to see what i entered
I can see the text entered by using loopback option of minicom ,but what if i don't wanna use that

Regards
Raghav

You apparently want the 8051 to echo received characters, but didn't yet code the respective action?

Hi,

UART problems: Baud rate, comm parameters, RS232 conversion, wiring.
With your given informations we can not verify this.

Klaus

Hi,
I coded a printf inside interrupt service routine to echo the characters ,but it slows down the interrupt process and I miss some characters that I enter through keyboard.
How to echo without this problem

Regards
Sameer

- - - Updated - - -

Baud Rate : 115200 , yes there is RS232 to USB conversion
because I am getting the correct output from 8051 to minicom terminal for a given keyboard input ,so I am supposing that wiring and comm parameters are correct.

Regards

A prinf function is not needed to echo back a character. Just put the received character in the UART transmitter buffer. ( An example below for an AT89C51ED2 microcontroller)
Code:
void serial_interrupt_handler(void) __interrupt 4 __using 1 // sdcc serial interrupt name
{
   if (RI == 1) 
     { 			// if reception occured
     RI = 0; 		// clear reception flag for next reception 
     sdata = SBUF; 	// Read received data 
     SBUF = sdata; 	// Echo data to uart
     }
   else                 // if transmission occured 
     TI = 0;		 // clear transmission flag for next transmission    		
}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…