Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TX pin not showing any data

Status
Not open for further replies.

areeckal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am writing a transmitter code for pic 18F. I am able to get value in TXREG in mplab. But PORTC [tx pin is C6] is not showing any value in mplab. Why is it so?

hi

when you simulate the transmission,when the simulator executes the code for transmission, it's just an instruction and the data is send. and the pin status will toggle according to the data and come back to it's original condition. you cannot distinguish that. what you do is that to get some hardware simulator like proteus and try. you can actually see what's happening

ml

But how exactly can I test RF communication in proteus. There is no component available.

hi

here's the trouble
proteus is not for seeing which we could not see, like the RF waves. but there are many instruments in side that so that you can check whether your controller is sending data output properly or not. and this was your question all about and not about rf. first you make sure that your mcu is transmitting data which can be done well with proteus. you cannot simulate the rf in mplab too.

ml

Status
Not open for further replies.