Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two-transistor Forward Converter using IR2110

Status
Not open for further replies.

waremon

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
two transistor forward converter

I encountered a problem during switching up the two-transistor forward converter topology. I used TL494 as my PWM generator and connect the HO pin to IR2110's HIN and LIN.

From IR2110, the VB pin is connected to a dc voltage of 10V and the VS pin is connected to the source of the upper MOSFET while the HO pin connected to the gate of the upper MOSFET, of course. The VCC pin is connected to the 10V dc supply and the COM pin is connected to the source of the lower transistor which is also grounded while the LO pin is connected to the gate of the lower transistor. I only used 100uF capacitors.

I applied the supply voltage for the topology with a 15Vdc. And the result is that, the upper MOSFET doesn't switch on and off, unlike the lower MOSFET. Why does this happen? Before I connected the VS pin to the ground and it destroyed my transistors. And after I followed the typical connection shown in the datasheet, the upper transistor doesn't want to switch at all. Please help me, I'm in a big hurry. Thanks in advance

two transistor forward

hi

Please ensure that both transistors are switched ON together, TL494 give push pull output as well as single ended out with suitable configuration of the output control pin. Please refer the data sheet for the same.
Please post your basis schematic for analysis.
Thanks
HMN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back