Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two elementary Question In telephone system and modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_1

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
i want to work telephone elementary theory.we have input circuit
2_1345629597.jpg

i check the phone line voltage via oscilloscope and see a 148 volt on it if i connect this circuit to phone line what capacitor's voltage should i choose?(how can find the max voltage at capacitor?)
33_1345630671.gif

26_1345630671.gif

i=150/(61000+10000)=2mA

so the cap voltage is 123.6 volt?it right or we can we assume the input voltage is (150-48)=102 volt? (48 the dc volt of telephone line)?

as you know in FSK systems that play a roll in telephone systems the PSTN send CID data after the first ring (between first and second ring) i see the output of telephone via oscilloscope but i can't see when the CID transfer because i can only see (ringing tone) a sin with 26hz frequency.
what is wrong?

I can't follow your capacitor calculation exactly, I don't know what the said 148 V number means (Vp, Vrms, AC only, AC+DC) and don't understand how you are mixing AC and DC values. If you are just targetting to capacitor voltage rating, I suggest some margin, e.g. 250 VDC.

Regarding on-hook signalling, I guess you didn't look sharp. The signal level is pretty low, -13.5 dBm (about 150 mVrms).

Hi Baby_1,

The correct value if impedance is not 61000+10000 ohms, but (10000+j*61000) ohms, i.e. its absolute value is sqrt(R^2+X^2)=61.8Kohms aprox. with phase -81 degrees.
In order to specify the capacitor you should consider the maximum voltage, that is DC voltage (48 V) plus the peak AC on the capacitor, and take a good margin, as FvM suggest. In other telephone lines the voltage can be higher, according to specifications of telephony system (varies from a country to another).
In order to separate the CID you should filter with a simple high pass, rejecting low frequencies (dc and ringing tone).
Regards

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.