Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tutorials on designing CMOS comparators

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbhupendra

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Comparator Desing paper

i want a tutorial on design of CMOS comparators.

Re: Comparator Desing paper

this is a paper

Comparator Desing paper

I also want to understand about comparator
But I just newbee so i cant download!!

Hmm..i dont know why u cant download it....

Well comparator is an op-amp that work to compare....the matter of gain and speed is vital in this...

Simply said it's a 1 bit ADC...analog input and 0 logic or 1 logic in output.
0 is close to ground and 1 is close to vdd

Comparator Desing paper

maybe your point is not enough

Overdrive and speed are the two concerts. Smaller overdriver takes long to flop. There is a trade off.

you can refer allen's and martin's book about comparator design.

in the web , there are many

Comparator Desing paper

you can refer allen's book about comparator design
good lucky

yes, allen's description is in detailed about comparator. for example , about conception of resolution.

zaixq said:
you can refer allen's book about comparator design
good lucky

Excuse, but as I'm new I don't know if I should post my response/question here. I'm very motivated to learn about analog circuits and I hope to be able to help people out someday myself.

I bought this book from R. J. Baker: CMOS Circuit design, Layout and Simulation. I think it is a rather interesting book, covering most topics about analog/digital design.

There is a chapter about nonlinear circuits, describing a circuit with 3 stages. The first being a preamplifier, the second stage being a decision circuit (2 cross coupled devices) and the third stage being an output buffer (a simple differential amplifier with a current mirror load).

The problem is that I'm not sure in how to dimension the transistors in this kind of topology. Propagation speed is a very crucial factor in my comparator design.

Is anyone familiar with this kind of comparator topology? Is he/she willing to give me some pointers in where to find a more elaborate explanation about the workings of this type of comparator?

Thank you very much!
Steven

Comparator Desing paper

you can reference the book Operational_amplifiers-2nd_edition,and you can find it in the forum!
regards

Maybe i give the picture...

Soory if u are not being able to download it..

Steven De Bock said:
I bought this book from R. J. Baker: CMOS Circuit design, Layout and Simulation. I think it is a rather interesting book, covering most topics about analog/digital design.

There is a chapter about nonlinear circuits, describing a comparator-circuit with 3 stages. The first being a preamplifier, the second stage being a decision circuit (2 cross coupled devices) and the third stage being an output buffer (a simple differential amplifier with a current mirror load).

The problem is that I'm not sure in how to dimension the transistors in this kind of topology. Propagation speed is a very crucial factor in my comparator design.

Is anyone familiar with this kind of comparator topology? Is he/she willing to give me some pointers in where to find a more elaborate explanation about the workings of this type of comparator?

Thank you very much!
Steven

I could still use some help on this type of comparator... So if anyone has a good article or some experience with this type of amplifier, pls let me know.

Comparator Desing paper

it is more intersting . tell more professions

Added after 1 minutes:

good ideal.

Syukri said:
Maybe i give the picture...

Soory if u are not being able to download it..
dear all
I'm considering to use this comparator in my sar_adc design. but my adc has reset mode which let comparator work in the unit gain closed loop with high capacitor load (about 60pf).My question is "Is the domain pole in this comparator in the output stage?"

I

want a tutorial on design of CMOS comparators too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back