Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tutorials for Graphic LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashking

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am new to interfacing graphics LCDs with microcontrollers

I need books or tutorials for this

I am not limited to a certain microcontroller (anything will be good)

thanks

Hello,

Interfacing displays like the ones from 4D systems allow for a lot of functionality using simply serial commands.

Other more generic graphical LCDs operate with a matrix of 1-bit (monochrome) or 8 to 16-bit (color) memory locations per pixle. Normally to interface to a display you need to look at the driver chip being used and then get the datasheet for that as all of the commands and the signal timings will be explained. Its also good to get a piece of confirmed working source code for your display or driver chip as this simplifies the process.

I'm also want trying to use Graphic LCD. I found on internet many driver for Graphic LCD, but I did't buy any GLCD yet.
What is normal driver for GLCD and which is easiest?

hello frnds,
i also want tutorial for Graphical LCD...
please attach some tutorial for it....

if i goes to open this link,i got notice like the web page is not available...
so please give me another link...

thanks bigdogguru...

now tell me one thing if i want to interface GLCD to 8051 base MC then can i directly connect?

ohk...
tell me any 1 GLCD which i can use in proteus and specify its details...

There are at least two KS0108 compatible GLCDs available in the Proteus libraries.

The specifications of the KS0108 are covered in the several of the tutorials I previously posted.

BigDog

ohk...
thanks a lot for guide me....

and one thing is there in proteus,TFT displays and TI's microcontroller are not available so any library for that?

Hi BigDogguru,

Currently I'm doing GLCD model JHD12864E interface with Atmega32 prototype project(not with any Arduino's kit).
I wanna ask my GLCD model JHD12864E will be same as KS0108?
And is it compulsory install ProGFX software?

Currently I'm doing GLCD model JHD12864E interface with Atmega32 prototype project(not with any Arduino's kit).
I wanna ask my GLCD model JHD12864E will be same as KS0108?

Yes, the JHD12864E has a KS0108 Compatible Chipset.

The first tutorial previously posted discusses the JHD12864E interface with an AVR:

Interfacing KS0108 based 128×64 Graphical LCD with AVR MCU

JHD12864E Graphics LCD

And is it compulsory install ProGFX software?

ProGFX is an AVR graphics library for KS0108 Compatible GLCDs, including the JHD12864E.

Handling Text and Fonts in ProGFX | eXtreme Electronics

BigDog

Thx for your links.
But I'm not using any kit as shown as the link, there is error for my coding.
If I connected every GLCD's pins to Atmega32 pins, suppose need set for DDRA, DDRB and so on right?
In case I'm using external crystal 8MHz, can support for it?

hey guys please post circuit diagram for interface GLCD with 8051...

Status
Not open for further replies.