Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tutorial for auto router in ares (proteus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thannara123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends ,
i want to know how can i place components in ares using auto router ?
may i get a video tutorials or step by step tutorial
Capture.JPG
thanks in advance

You have to draw the board edge.
First you select the yellow layer from the layer selector (left side low corner, already selected in your picture)
Then click the blue square icon from the left side icons and draw a rectangular of your board edge so that the autorouter knows the area it can use.
Then you can use the autorouter.

Dont bother with the auto placer (unless you want to do a lot of reading concerning the priorities stuff) it will just "dump"everything in one big cluster somewhere in your defined area and you will end up moving them any way.
A better approach would be to annotate your schematic to define each "section or room" of your circuit then place all those components together (All the parts that are closely related IE a regulator and filter cap NEAR the power inlet not half way across the board) OR go down the route of POWER - NOISEY - ANALOGUE - DIGITAL . Remember there is NO right or wrong way to place a board give the same circuit to 100 people you get 100 designs its about asthetics and keeping everything as short and as simple as you can unless you are working under a very tight brief involving impedence, speed emf etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back