Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turn S to Ku band into C and X band receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

khirat

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey!

I want to design a microstrip patch antenna (receiver) that should operate in the frequency range of 2-18 GHz with FCC requirement of -51.3 dBm EIRP. At the same very time i want this antenna to operate only in the frequency range of 3-11 GHz with FCC requirement of -41.3 dBm EIRP while rejecting the rest of the upper and lower frequencies.

Is that possible?

Though i have designed the two antennas, operating at 2-18 GHz and 3-11 GHz, separately but i want a single antenna that fulfills my both requirements.

What should be the name given to this configuration that neither fits into dual-band (since the other band is within the first band) nor notched (since i can not actually notch the patch since then it will not operate for the other band).

Thanks in advance!

Hi khirat,

microstrip patch antennas are passive devices, no voltage, current, or any signal can vary its behavior, and so when designed and printed on a board, gives only a specific response. You need to vary the physical dimensions of the layout to obtain a different response, this means that once printed on a board, a patch antenna's response is permanent.

you can just use the two separate antennas you designed and then connect them to a switch. you can just switch between the two antennas if you want to use them both on a single system.

Hope this helps, Goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back