Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TSMC MIM capacitor array layout problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

guow06

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using TSMC 90nm technology to design a SAR ADC. A capacitor array 18x10( with unit cap 3x3) is created in my layout, but since there is a CTMDMY layer around the capacitor, a DRC violation about density exists. I can not fix the violation. Is there any way to fix that?

Metal density is too high or too low?

As I know there is no relation between CTMDMY layar and Density error of DRC!!!

CTMDMY (capacitor top metal dummy layar) is a dummy layer to specify your capacitor area, which is useful in LVS process.
The density DRC error is an error which is occure when the density of a metal is less than a percent which is specified in the technology documents.

what the error show is : Min. density for CTMDMY area <=40,000 um2, {Mcap inside CTMDMY} density range over any 200umx200um area (checked by stepping in 100um increments) 50%. This rule is only applied to the overlapped area of checking window and CTMDMY >= 2500 um2.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

It is strange that TSMC 90nmLP (for low power), almost the same technology , does not have this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back