Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to program the PIC10F222, some help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

psmll

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic10f222

Hi,

I'm using the PIC10F222 for some tasks, everything goes well, when using the original ICD2, but at home I have a ICD2 clone that always have worked well with other several PICs, but have several problems with 10F222, some tasks do well, some don't :cry:

So I'm trying to find a simple programmer that I can do to program the 10F222, but so far no luck :cry:

The JMD2 seems to not do the job.

At softwares the IC-Prog, WinPIC and WinPIC800 don't support it.(the winpic800 support it but need a special programmer)

Do you know what is the problem with 10F220/222 to not be supported for softs and programmers?

I read the programmer specifications of the PIC10F222 and didn't find nothing special, all the voltages are normal.

For now I will try to make some changes to my ICD2 Clone and see what happens!

pic10f222 programmer

I made some changes to my ICD2 clone, but not work with PIC10f222 :cry:

I tested the ICD2 with the changes in the schematic with PIC18F458 and work well.

If you know some programmer and software that can program the PIC10F222, please tell me.

10f222 programmer

The 10F222 is supported by the ICD2. You have to be careful with any 6 pin PIC when using it with an ICD2 as you can't have a high load on PGC, PGD & MCLR.

icsp 10f222

ic prog and three pins two resistors
if its just for development this bit bang method works fine PGC, PGD & MCLR.= rx tx cts...rs232
look fo three wire programming for any pic via ic-prog and any serial com port

just like any other pic

pic10f based

It seems the chipset you are working with is under the list of supported chip. Buy one or build one might solve the issue. There is lots of discussion on this web and Microchip forum, do a little search.
The good thins is the 6 ICSP program ping-out is similar with ICD2, so it won't give you much pain by just switching a programmer.
Good luck.

programming pic 4550 pickit2

blueroomelectronics said:
The 10F222 is supported by the ICD2. You have to be careful with any 6 pin PIC when using it with an ICD2 as you can't have a high load on PGC, PGD & MCLR.

Thanks for the tip, but not worked with me :cry:

VSMVDD said:
ic prog and three pins two resistors
if its just for development this bit bang method works fine PGC, PGD & MCLR.= rx tx cts...rs232
look fo three wire programming for any pic via ic-prog and any serial com port

just like any other pic

I already used this method in the past, but the big problem is that ICProg don't support the PIC10F222 :cry:

funnynypd said:
It seems the chipset you are working with is under the list of supported chip. Buy one or build one might solve the issue. There is lots of discussion on this web and Microchip forum, do a little search.
The good thins is the 6 program ping-out is similar with ICD2, so it won't give you much pain by just switching a programmer.
Good luck.

Yesterday I searched and because the PICKit2 now in version 7.62 of MPLAB already support debug for a good list of PICs, and is cheap, I will order one :D

But I can't wait it, I will have to wait several days before receive it, so I will do a clone to use until have the original ;-)

The clone will be a simplification version of PICKit 2, only for 5V PICs, I already did the schematic, and only need time to implement it and test (but probably now I will need to go to bed and sleep, too much work, and tomorrow some more :D )

microchip 6pin price 10f

There is also schematic available on this link:

read 10f222 memory

funnynypd said:
There is also schematic available on this link:

Thanks, but for me doing my schematic is something that I like to do, it's funny ;-)

At the moment I have 1 or 2 hours to do it and put it in a breadboard, and test :)

The big problem is that at the time the list of electrical components that I have at home is small, so will have to do something that use only the components that I have :-(

Added after 5 hours 43 minutes:

By accident I put my PIC10F222 at 20V and burned it :cry:

But I did the PICKIT 2 clone, and it work very good, is very fast and work well with MPLAB :D

I have to say that I think that PICKIT2 will have a great future, microchip are doing well updating the firmware.

some images ;-)

pic10f222 programer

Great job.:D
And glad you speak out the truth.
Comparing with the pain ICD 2 giving me, I enjoyed the PICkit 2 more just as you did.

Will you try the PIC10F as early as you can? Can you verify this please? I will also use some PIC10F parts in my design. This worries me.

pickit2 10f222

funnynypd said:
Will you try the PIC10F as early as you can? Someone claim the PIC10F isn't support by PICkit2 but ICD2. Can you verify this please? I will also use some PIC10F parts in my design. This worries me.
PICkit 2 is my favourite PIC programmer at the moment. It can program all the PIC/dsPIC I have (around 100 types), including PIC10F202 and PIC10F206. I have not tried the PIC10F22x chips yet, but don't see why PICkit 2 could not program them.

I'm using the dedicated software for PICkit 2 when programming.

Cheers,

pic10f202 verify not working

My mistake, I was using MPLAB which did not have support for the 10F series with PICKit2, I did not try the standalone PICKit2 software which does have support for almost all Flash based PICs and some EEPROMs too.

how to program a pic10f202

funnynypd said:
Great job.:D
Will you try the PIC10F as early as you can? Someone claim the PIC10F isn't support by PICkit2 but ICD2. Can you verify this please? I will also use some PIC10F parts in my design. This worries me.

I ordered more PIC10F222, but will need to wait some days to get it at home.

But don't worrie, the PICKit 2 support the 10F222 :D

Added after 3 hours 24 minutes:

Update:

Today I get some PIC10F222 from a friend and it works really well in my PICKit 2 clone :D

Finally I can program the PIC10F222, I'm happy ;-)

pic programmer pic10f222

Thanks for verifying this and Congratulations.

how to program pic10f ics

nice work bro.....congratulation

pic 10f222

Dear psmll,
Can you upload the schematics? and firmware for PICKit2 here? ? Also one newbie question, can I use PIC18F4550 instead of PIC18F2550? logically I can say yes as the core and the memory is same only diff. is the port pin.

am I right or wrong here?

Thanks
Nandu

10f222 icsp schematic

Nandulal said:
Dear psmll,
Can you upload the schematics? and firmware for PICKit2 here? ? Also one newbie question, can I use PIC18F4550 instead of PIC18F2550? logically I can say yes as the core and the memory is same only diff. is the port pin.

am I right or wrong here?

Thanks
Nandu

hi,

First take a look at:
https://www.microchip.com/pickit2

Microchip give you the schematic, you can find it at the User's Guide :D

Microchip also give you the firmware, in PICkit2 page search for "PICkit 2 Firmware V2.10"

And you can use a PIC4550 without problem ;-)

If you want a simple schematic only for 5V PICs, similar of the one that I did, you can look at PICkit2 lite made by blueroomelectronics:

pic10f222 program

please give me the schematic of pickit2

pic10f wont program

Hi psmll,

Are you able to say which components you used out of your bits box? - a parts list, schematic or even just a list of what you chance from what, to what on the blueroomelectronics design you link to.

Thanks

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back