Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to interface PIC24F and KS0108

Status
Not open for further replies.

chotasanjiv

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys,
Has anybody tried to interface a PIC24 with KS0108, I am using PIC24FJ64GA002 and a 192x64 LCD display using KS0108 controller,
I will appreciated if you can provide any kinda of h/w setup help.
I am running both the LCD and PIC at 4.0 V, so that they can talk to each other, but I only see all pixels turned ON always, not matter what i do.
Regards
Sanjeev

**broken link removed**

---------- Post added at 05:24 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/8639/

---------- Post added at 05:32 ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 ----------

Minumum connection for PIC24F:

I am running both the LCD and PIC at 4.0 V, so that they can talk to each other, but I only see all pixels turned ON always, not matter what i do.

According to the **broken link removed**t the minimum required Vdd for viable operation is 4.5V. The **broken link removed** states a maximum operating voltage of 3.6V.

Therefore, you are operating both devices considerably beyond their specifications. A better solution would be to operate the KS0108 at just under 5V and the PIC24 at 3.6V, the KS0108 minimum level for logical high is 0.7Vdd, which at a Vdd of 5V is 3.5V, the same Vdd as the PIC24. The digital only I/O lines of the PIC24 are 5V tolerant and only a few lines of the KS0108 need to be read/monitored, careful planning should allow you to use the PIC24 5V tolerant pins for this task.

I have ported the following KS0108 driver/library to several targets with success. The source includes a PIC16 specific file which you should be able to use as a template for the PIC24.

Universal C Library for KS0108 Based GLCDs

Hope the info helps with your design,

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back