Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to decipher circuit breaker ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxpwny

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to 'decode' some ratings written on some circuit breakers I have.

Can anyone tell me what "Ue", "I n", and "I cn" might refer to ?

The "Ue" apparently refers to a voltage, and the "I xx" to current.

If it comes from a German manufacturer, I'd think "Ue" refers to Eingangsspannung = input voltage ,
"I n" = Nennstrom = nominal current , which could mean either long-time rated current (no break) , or break current.
"I cn" I can only guess to be a break current which guarantees circuit breaking after a (somewhere stated) time period.

Thanks ... how about a rating of "Delay 62F" ... I assume that is the amount of time after the application of the trip current before it actually breaks ... but what is the "F" unit ? I'd understand something like "mS" or "uS" ... but "F" ???

I think this designation could refer to a time-delay characteristic (break time vs. nom. current). "F" probably means "fast".

Status
Not open for further replies.