Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble with Hyperlynx

Status
Not open for further replies.

skygazer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Hyperlynx for SI simulation of a board file which was created using the cadence allegro flow. Hyperlynx provides a translator utility which converts the .brd (allegro board layout) to .hyp (hyperlynx readable board file). But when i try to translate the board file, the translator throws up an error

"Error running translator.(Error code 0). Could not write to .ERR and .LOG files"

the log file says it cant find the path

info : Extracting Allegro Board Database
ERROR: Could not run Cadance Allegro utility: extracta.
ERROR: File or path is not found.

ERROR: Could not convert file 'C:\MentorGraphics\2009HL\SDD_HOME\hyperlynx\convert\REVL_291209_Final.brd'
to file '"C:\MentorGraphics\2009HL\SDD_HOME\hyperlynx\convert\REVL_291209_Final.a_b"'.

I was suspecting the error can be because mentor cant read paths which have spaces. But that doesnt seem to be the problem.

Can anyone help me with this?

extracta is an exe that lives in allegro install directory. I think you can simply copy extracta to working directory. You can run the extracta from command and manually extract database. Or fix your paths to point to extracta location in mentor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back