Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble understanding the design rules in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionsbelt

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ppl

I am designing a PCB using altium. In my design, I am having a LM2698MM-ADJ which I have downloaded using Ultralibraian software from the Texas Instrument.
Now I have uploaded a picture of part of PCB layout. There are two things I cannot understand properly since I am new to Altium. In the picture, I can see that the pads are having green circles with cross in them. Now I believe that can fixed in the design rule but I dont know where exactly I am suppose to edit that.
The second one is the one which I have circled with Dark Red color. What are these and how to get rid of that?

Thanks in advance.

//OB

PCB.jpg

You'll have to reduce the clearance, which can be found under Design => Rules => Electrical => Clearance. You can specify a clearance smaller than the general board clearance using InComponent('U1').

The white parallel lines indicate that the trace is unrouted, and will disappear automatically when you're routing the board.

If you want to identify the type of error, place the mouse pointer over the green circle, now press "Shift+V". Now you can find the type of violation.

Regards
Udhay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back