Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble in VNA calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkyong

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I set the frequency range from 5G to 10G and operate the standard 1 port calibration (SOL), using the standard calibration kits.
I happened to see the strange display:
When I re-connect the "open" calibration kit I used before, the display is not a point or even a short line around the open point in Smith chart (1,0). It is a curve from exp(j*-90degree) to exp(j*-160degree);
When connect the "short" kit, it display a curve from exp(j*90degree) to exp(j*20degree);
The only correct one is "load" , concentrate at (0,0).

Can someone help me and explain it,or something wrong in my calibration?

I know its kind of a pain in the butt, but have you tried a two-port cal (even though you're using one port). It should give you a bit more information to work with.

That's a really large frequency range. Have you considered cal'ing the vna for smaller increments?

best regards,

asd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back