Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trouble in printing in pcb board

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey samuel

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i tried to print in a pcb i find that the holes which are not to be closed are also closed why is it so

the circuit diagram outline is drawn and then given for electro plating right

when i did it i found that there was some areas where the holes were sealed due to cu plating

that resulted in the loss of the board

can you specify the reason for that

What process are you using?

It sounds like you are using photo-sensitive board so I assume the negative mask has the holes where they should be. If that's the case, it sounds like you did not etch the copper for long enough for the fine detail (such as small holes) to fully dissolve.

Brian.

There is an optimum time for etching. If the time is too short, the fine detail in the image are lost, this might include small copper areas like the holes in pads. If you spend too long etching, parts of the copper you really want to keep will start dissolving.

You still haven't told us what proces you are using. It isn't normal to electro-plate PCB tracks, usually the unwanted copper is removed rather than tracks and pads plated on to blank board.
Does your artwork clearly show the holes ?

Brian.

yep art works show holes but i found 1 or 2 closed after plating that is why i wanted to clarify

had i etched the result would have been different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back