Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] trouble designing a dipol antenna in cst (port problem?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

35percent

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,
i'm new to CST. i did a tutorial (koax T), which was no problem.

Then i startet with a simple lambda/2 dipol. Two tubes (l=325mm, fo=400Mhz, discance 5mm) and a discrete port connected to both. E-field and S11 parameter looked pretty good.

Then all i did was adding a dielectricum (450mm*150mm*70mm with muscle) around the tubes, and a vessel with blood. the antenna lies inside the vessel.
with the new epsilon of muscle (exactly i used 2/3 epsilon of muscle), i calculatet the new wavelenth/2 to about 60mm.
Here starts the trouble: when i uses the dipol, s-parameter made absolutly no sense. a wild curve, no real resonance. i thought perhaps the mesh is not fine enough (i'm limited to 100 000 cells) and used a groundplane+lambda/4 antenna. the result looked good, as long as my discrete port goes through the ground plane. when i connect it to the plane itself, the s11 makes no sense.
used open (add space) boundaries, an a E=0 boundary with the lambda/4 ground.

thanks for your help

is there nobody who can help me?=)

perhaps i should outline my question a little bit more?

I'm not sure how i should connect the port when i use a lambda/4 antenna. is a discrete port right at all?
Could the ratio wavelength /distance be too big, and if yes, how can i simulate the dipol otherwise?
Would a frequency domain solver be better as the time domain solver?
Did I make a mistake using the mesh grid?

hope anyone can help me...

solved it by myself, was a mesh grid problem:

-surrounding material ->background material
-symmetrie: simulating just a quarter of space
-submeshing
-2 cylinders with background material properties to cause a finer meshing at the port

--> nice curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back