Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trigger based clock run

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherakram

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two pulse signals (using push buttons) say start_pulse, stop_pulse. My clock should start after detecting the rising_edge of start_pulse and run till it detects rising_edge of stop_pulse. I.e my clock should start running as soon as start_pulse is triggered and stop running immediately the stop_pulse is triggered. Any help towards this issue is mostly gratifying.
Thanks in advance

What have you done so far? What problems do you have?

Hi,

use an RS flipflop with the start=S, stop =R.

use a counter with enable. Feed the enable with the output of the flipflop.

Klaus

What have you done so far? What problems do you have?

I think this poster and microbrain are both working on a digital clock. Maybe they are working on the same project. Neither appears to understand how to design a digital circuit.

The OP's first post was about generating pulses, now they want to interpret pulses as start and stop signals. I'm sure the next item will be how to make something that times out 1 second. Followed by how to make a BCD counter. Followed by how to make the minutes count everytime the seconds rollover from 59 to 0. Then how do you output BCD to the 7-segment LEDs on the DE0 board.

It might have been easier if the OP just asked the same question that microbrain asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back