Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triangular wave removing DC offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

themaccabee

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I ve got a triangular wave having some DC content..can someone tell me how to remove this dc content so that my triangular wave starts from 0V.

Can you tell me how to design it properly??

If you connect series capasitor to triangular wave , you get +/- symmetrical wave to gnd.
If you need wave from zero to +Vpp, you must make bias circuit for adjusting offset -Vpp to gnd.

use a diffrential amplifier
The dc output would be eliminated and only triangular waveform would be observed at the output
have a look at these sites**broken link removed**

Can you tell me how to design it properly??

If you assume that the output impedance of the source of the signal is negligible low, you need to find out the input impedance of the load (or the next stage) ..
Once you determine it you can calculate the value of the coupling capacitor in the terms of 3dB frequency, or just use the web-available calculator:
Coupling Capacitor Calculator by V-Cap

:wink:
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back