Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triac driving circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

berni80

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

could you someone help me in the polarization of a triac placed in the attached circuit?

The TRIAC must switch the phase line andthe uP is grounded on
the neutral.

Thanks!!

Hi,
For the part marked "?", you can use an opto-isolator like MOC3021 or similar. This would drive the gate of the TRIAC. The pins connected to phase and neutral can be MT1 and MT2, either way.

berni80 said:
Hi, could you someone help me in the polarization of a triac placed in the attached circuit? The TRIAC must switch the phase line andthe uP is grounded on the neutral. Thanks!!
If a opto isolator is used, both circuits ie, the AC side and the micro side are isolated. Thus no need for grounding the micro to nuetral. If the gate of the Triac is directly triggered by the Micro, then you need to connect the Micro controllers ground to the Neutarl line to complete the circuit...Cheers

Thanks for the answers..

Just some more detail..
I would like to avoid the optoisolator to save money, i not need an isolation.
Also the uP has its ground on the neutral and cannot be changed.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.