Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitting from PIC to PC with RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmstable

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to transmit A/D Conv samples from the PIC micro to the PC. Currently I've got the RS232 connection working. I tested that by running a terminal emulator and having the PIC send some ASCII.

I'm want to do the PC side software in VB because I want to be able to plot the ADC samples etc.. I'm not very experienced with VB so I was wondering if this will be easy to do? Can VB do bit bashing ? I also want to implement CRC .

Anyone have some example code that receives HEX data via RS232?? I need something to start from. Any suggestions would be great.

Ohmstable

It's not so heawy. You have to use MSCOMM control and read all the data in help file.

First you must initiate it > Open it > and then you can send and recive data.

Please read help and if you will have any questions do not hesitate to ask!

Regards!

i did try as you are doing but i can't control each bit of the 8bit data from parallel port. you could download some demo component from oxygen software

You mean paralel or serial port. Because you can not control paralel port with MSCOMM control. If you wan't to access separate bits than you have to use bit bang operations.

Regards!

Will anybody tell me what is MSCOMM? I'm hearing it for the first time!

I have a sample code,named TxRx in VC++ which has almost all options of serial port.You can follow the same functions of API in your VB program.For that source code go to

www.programmersheaven.com

and search for "TxRxCoomunication".
Hope it useful

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back