Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitter RF Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canooski

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Reference Transmitter

I am trying to design a small pcb board with antenna that will emit a sine wave that some antennas can use as a reference. I am a little unsure of how to go about this or what is the best way?

Should I use a VCO with an amplifier or will this not give me the stability I need? I would also like to change between frequencies within the 902-928 ISM band when needed.

Instead of this should I use a frequency synthesizer where the output is amplifier?

I also looked at the MAX2900 part however it has a differential RF output which I am unsure of how to realize with a whip antenna.

Thanks

I need to make a transmitter circuit board that will attach to a drone and emit a constant sinusoid in the 902-928 ISM band. I would like to be able to adjust the frequency on occasion within this band.

Is the best way to realize this through a VCO and an amplifier or should I be looking at a synthesizer. I looked at the MAX2900 IC and thought maybe I could use this but it has a differential output and not sure how I would use this with the whip antenna I was planning on using.

Anything specific I should know about Baluns? I will just hook this up to the MAX2900 differential ports and attach an attena on the other side of the Balun. Any circuitry in between these. I might need an amplifier. Looks like there is a decent amount of loss from a Balun.

- - - Updated - - -

As stable as possible. I need to make phase measurements from this reference signal.

1ppm is too tidy tolerance, ,I think 5 ppm is enough for this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back