Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmit Video over fiber optic

Status
Not open for further replies.

gafar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cqf24 fiber

Hy, :idea:
I need to transmit video over fiber optic (4 km), but I´don´t know how do that.
I would assemble the my circuit
Anybody know any circuit or IC

Thanks

If you just want one link it will be cheaper to buy ready made equipment.

The analog method is to make an FM transmitter with a carrier around 40-70MHz.
Make the FM signal into a square wave to drive the laser diode on and off.

Alternativley digitise the video and send serial data down the fibre.

Here is a link to an example of video FM transmission over fiber optic:
**broken link removed**
The carrier frequency is just below 30MHz, and it uses NE564 as bot FM modulator and demodulator. This system transm,its audio and video, but you can easily eliminate sections of circuit that deal with audio.
Also, I wouldn't use NE522+CQF24 as transmitter, and BPF24+NE5212 as receiver, as these components are obsolute ..
Instead you can consider HFBR-1312T and HFBR-2316T from Agilient Technologies ( **broken link removed** ) as transmitter-receiver pair. The transmitter can be driven by 4 connected in paallel 74ACTQ00 gates, and the receiver has build-in pre-amplifier so the signal can be directly fed to FM demodulator based on earlier mentioned NE564 ..
Both , the transmitter and the receiver, are designed for multimode fiber, and will be suitable for 4 km transmission ..

If you find this to difficult try companies such as Optical Systems Design www.osd.com.au (OSD365 or OSD381 = transmitter, OSD363 or OSD383 = receiver) ..

Regards,
IanP

IanP
Thanks for help-me.
Please, can you answer this questions:
In the AN1434 can i use the max4032/90 to build sync tip DC clamp?.
Thanks

As buffer/DC clamp I think better options are: MAX7450 (fixed sync tip at 0V) or MAX7452 (adjustable sync tip); get them in as samples ..
See their data sheets at: **broken link removed**
Regards,
IanP

Hi

You dont specify what type of fiber you are going to use. You say you want to transmit over 4 km, that means you cant get away with multimode fiber anymore (MM is used below 2.5 km). Your solution is to use singlemode fiber it uses a signal wavelength of 1550 nm. I havent designed circuits working with fiber, but have planned and installed a number of single and multimode links. Your best bet is to buy a transmitter from a company (Teleste of Finland and marconi all make fiber tx and RX equipment). Hope this helps.

Willem

Willem,
I can to use multimode or single fiber link.
Have you any circuit, link or aplication note, to send me?
The Ianp sent the link.

Here is a link to an example of video FM transmission over fiber optic:
h**p://www.standardics.philips.com/support/appnotes/rf/pdf/an1434.pdf

Regards,
Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back