Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmit data serially through RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystic_matrix

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
short messages through rf

Hello,
I have made a Short Message Transmitter and Receiver using AT89c51. They are communicating serially through wires presently. It has a 16x2 LCD display, can interface with Computer Keyboard to type message. I have tried transmission and reception through Infrared and it worked too.
It is working very good with wires and Infrared but I want to transmit it through RF (Radio Frequency). I havn't any Idea of its circuit and concept. I want to combine both Transmitter and Receiver into one to make Transceiver.
I don't want to buy it because someone told me that Transceiver modules are very much costly.
So please suggest me what to do and How to do.

With Best regards,
Mayur

using rf to transmit data

They are cheaper than you can build them for in small quantities. The only thing cheaper is if you already own a receiver that you can use. One example is a AM band broadcast band receiver. In this case you can make a simple oscillator for a transmitter and use a tone modulation.

how does to transmit data with rf

Yes FLATULENT is right in small quantities is better to buy all ready to go
If you are in the US ..
this guy sells very cheap stuff
**broken link removed**

If you plan to build your product in the thouthands .. Well the RF product are changing every day:
check out www.ti.com they have a tranceiver
also melexis has very nice MULTI BAND product .the TH7120 .i did a design a year ago with it .. is a nice product ..

check for QUICK RADIO from MICREL .. and LAST BUT NOT LEAST /.
our buddies of MICROCHIP (they even have a CPU + transmitter in a single chip) ..

build data rf

hello,
thanx for replying but i want to make it through general components,
like general ICs............... they are selling their products but i want real info which can help me make my own Transceiver circuit...
Its circuit diagram or else would help plz

transmit data by rf

there are several transceiver ICs from companies like MAXIM. These ICs can be even got for free!!!!!! as evaluation if u submit just an online form. and u can get the various IC for various building blocks of an RECV and TRAN circuits and completely implement the TXRX on ur own

try this link
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.