Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmission using pmodrf1by 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheetha

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AOA

can any one help for the transmission of simple 1 byte from PmodRF1 by using 8051 i have problems in understanding its datasheet ?
thanks

AOA

can any one help for the transmission of simple 1 byte from PmodRF1 by using 8051 i have problems in understanding its datasheet ?
thanks

Just by giving the datasheet a quick glance I noted that it uses SPI to communicate. Have you configured SPI on your microcontroller? This would be the first step. After you verify that SPI is configured correctly and that you can send out a byte onto the SPI bus, then plug in the RF module and try again. This allows us to eliminate SPI as the origin of your problem. After that, I would suggest looking at the setting of the RF module and verifying that they are configured for SPI communication and that they match what you are trying to send out via SPI.

Regards,
Willis

how to configure spi on microcontroller?

in datasheet in SPI command byte definition for frame buffer acess bit4 to bit 0 are mentioned reserved what does this means?
thanks....

in datasheet in SPI command byte definition for frame buffer acess bit4 to bit 0 are mentioned reserved what does this means?
thanks....

What specific microcontroller are you using?

Regards,
Willis

iam using 8051

thanks....

I would start with learning about SPI and how to configure it.

I have included a few tools to help you get started...

A very brief overview of SPI on the 8051...
http://www.dnatechindia.com/Tutorial/8051-Tutorial/Introduction-To-SPI-Interface.html

A more in-depth description of SPI (Courtesy of Wikipedia)...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Peripheral_Interface_Bus

An application note from Atmel that provides multiple (and very well commented) code example on how to configure SPI on the 8051...
http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc4348.pdf

Once you have browsed the articles and have gained a better understanding of SPI, start writing code to send out a byte via SPI; use the Atmel application note for help. Once you have done this, we will be able to move on and try to communicate via the RF PMOD. If you run into trouble while programming the SPI, post your code and we will be more than happy to help.

Regards,
Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back