Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmission line that reduces signal integrity effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramani

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
i am currently working with high frequency interconnects.i need to model interconnect using proper transmission line.is there any new transmission line structure available that reduces signal integrity effects otherthan existing models.

Re: transmission line

Maybe I did not understand your request... Are you looking for new type of transmisson line od for new models of usual transmission lines?

Bye

ramani

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
transmission line

you want to model or build?

ramani

Hello ramani,

I think AWR SI Design Suite helps you to solve your problem on Interconnect analysis using transmission line models...

There are Five abstraction levels available to analyse an interconnect...
1. Lumped element
2. Distributed element
3. Transmission line
4. RLCK model
5. 3-D EM model

Go through the following links which has more information on the software...

http://www.appwave.com/products/si/iNet.html

http://www.appwave.com/products/si/Interconnect.html

http://www.appwave.com/products/si/

Also couple of Webinars or online presentations available from AWR Inc.

http://www.appwave.com/support/training/webinars.html

Signal Integrity Modeling of High Speed Analog Nets: Cross-Domain Simulation at the Chip, Package, and Board Levels

Overview
It is important that the behavior of the critical analog nets be accurately predicted as the chip, package, and board are being designed. The designer is faced with the task of a "cross-domain“ modeling problem, where the interconnect must be designed in different technologies concurrently. In this seminar, I show a specific example of an output signal from a power amplifer going from the chip, through bondwires onto the package, and then to the system board. The designer corrects for package mismatches by placing a capacitor on the board. Simulations incorporate the effects of the entire path. The example will be used to demonstrate layout and simulation in cross-domain technologies and the proper configuration of the setup files.

Advanced Interconnect Modeling Technology in Microwave Office(R) and Analog Office™
Overview
Accurate interconnect modeling is critical at board, package, and chip levels. Traditional interconnect models have shortcomings that can lead to serious errors in the prediction of system performance. In this seminar, the attendee will see a number of advanced interconnect models to overcome the limitations of traditional methods. Topics include: Inet™ technology, X models, and electromagnetic simulation technology as applied to interconnect models.

---manju---

ramani

transmission line

hi to all,
thanks for ur reply,
my objective is to model an vlsi interconnect using proper transmission line structure and then i have to simulate the structure using adi fdtd method.
so i need proper model for vlsi interconnect .

ramani said:
hi all,
i am currently working with high frequency interconnects.i need to model interconnect using proper transmission line.is there any new transmission line structure available that reduces signal integrity effects otherthan existing models.
may be it will be useful:

ramani

transmission line

hi ramani
just
h**p://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/ D.Jefferies/transmission.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor