Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmission line modeling using 1D FEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

waseemsh

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want model a simple transmission line using FEM and i want to write a code in MATLAB. so can any one tell me a good reference of modelling equations.

I have Coded 1D FDTD for a transmission line modelling using the book "Computational Electromagnetics" by David B. Davidson but For 1D FEM case this refence doesnot explain the mathematical modelling in detail and has many loop holes in Mathematical modelling of Transmission Line using 1D FEM.

Hi!

I 've implemented a quasi TEM analysis in MATLAB for a microstrip. I've used the integrated pdetools package. Its very practical becouse of the automatic variable meshing. I've checked my implementation with ADS, TXLINE and so on.
You can also use the RFTOOL box in matlab but dont expect to get very accurate results.
Whatever model you are using.. a good hint would be to compare it with numerical simulations (eg sonnet lite which is free)

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back