Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

[SOLVED] transmission line feeding in FDTD matlab code

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghasem_008

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.
I have a problem in feeding of my monopole antenna.I have a monopole antenna above ground palen.I want to simulate an coaxial line feeding for my antenna.for this purpose I want to use from a virtual 1D-transmission line for coaxial line modeling.but I have a question:
in addition to using from transmission line equations in FDTD code (equations of V,I,...),do I have to physically draw inner and outer of coaxial line at drawing of FDTD space?i,e do I have to set tangential E-fields within inner of coaxial line and on the outer of coaxial line = 0?
or only 1D transmission line virtually added to my FDTD grid?and I don't have to set:E-tangent=0?
on the other hand,do I have to draw ground plane perfectly or I have to set a hole at ground plane for coaxial line?
which of following pictures for my FDTD space (physically) are correct?
1. hole on the ground plane without modeling of coaxial line (physically):
with hole at ground plane without coaxial line modeling (physically).png
2. hole on the ground plane with modeling of coaxial line (i,e set E-tangent at inner of coax and on the outer of coax =0)
with hole at ground plane plus modeling of coaxial line (physically).png

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor