Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmission line above PMC transmission characteristic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuanfu

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,all

The planar transmission line has several types.

Such as microstrip line,coupled line,coplanar waveguide,slot line.

These transmission line's signal line and the ground plane are metal constitution (PEC).

I want to know that the transmission line signal line part is a metal(PEC) and the ground plane uses perfect magnetic conductor(PMC) to substitute will have any difference with the traditional metal(PEC) ground plane in the transmission characteristic.

I want to look for Paper which or the books studies about this aspect.

Some people can give me this aspect the literature or the books do for the reference?

Thanks.

Kuanfu

This seems to be a rather unworldly transmission line model, to my opinion. However, removing the electrical ground plane means, that the electrical field has no boundary condition, you have to assume an Er=1 dielectricum instead. Thus the theoretical construct's behaviour is definitely different from a regular transmission line.

microstrip lines are quasi-tem structures. the electric field stays perpendicular to both the ms line and the gnd plane (PEC). if you use PMC gnd plane, fields beneath the ms line would change very much, electric field making two loops around the edges of ms line (so that it can stay parallel to the gnd plane).

crazy idea, if you can find a good application :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back