Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmission gates in modern ASICs and Digital ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmahatme

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am wondering if transmission gates are at all used in designing basic structures like adders, multipliers, etc. that are part of ASICs, DSPs, etc. especially in modern designs?

Nowadays, with IP and libraries with limited flexibility at the circuit level, do designers resort to use of transmission gates for circuits geared towards low power applications ? Can somebody provide recent references of their use, if at all?

Thank you,

The classical CMOS FF macro is based on transmission gates.

The classical CMOS FF macro is based on transmission gates.

Thanks, for your reply. I was aware of the Flip-flop that uses transmission gates. Just to clarify, I was more interested to know whether TX-gate styles are employed in combinational logic structures.

In ASIC design, we probably don't use it at all.
But I'm sure full custom design for high end processors uses them even in combinatorial logic.

In ASIC design, we probably don't use it at all.
But I'm sure full custom design for high end processors uses them even in combinatorial logic.

Thanks for your reply. Would you have a reference (even a media article or brief description) by any chance, hopefully a recent one. Thx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back