Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmission gate switch & SFDR of track &HOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

wael_wael

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every body,
i am going to design switch capacitor track and hold, i have finished design the OTA and clock genrator. i want design the switches ( transmission gate one) could some one help my by show me the digram of design and how to simulate it. it will be so helpful to me.
thank u so much

Re: transmission gate switch ?

why do not use the boosted switch?

wael_wael

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi,
You'd better use bootstrap switches for the input switches to improve your THD. But for other switches you can use transmission gate.
For bootstrap switches this paper by Dessouky is helpful:

For transmission gate switches this paper can help you:
Low power delta-sigma Modulator for ADSL applications in a low-Voltage CMOS technology
by: Safi-Harb, M.; Roberts, G.W
This paper is here:

Hope it helps you!

Last edited by a moderator:

wael_wael

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thank u so much guys, i have desined the transmission gate switch, but i will go to design bootstrap one i hope not taking long time, i am really looking to high SFDR.
regards

dear friends, i have used transmission gate switches the problem in fact is SFDR, i cant read the result, could u help me to know how mush is it, Fin is 10 MHz, FS=50MHz
regds

BY THE WAY I HAVE TO THANK" naalald" , IN FACT THE PAPERS WAS VERY USEFUL
, AND I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOOTSTRAPPING SWITCH , EXAMPLE IN THE PAPER OF VERY LOW VOLTAGE DIGITAL AUDIO, IN FIGURE 7 HOW TO DESIGN &SIMULATE THE CIRCUIT
REGARDS

Hi wael_wael,
Could you explain the advantage of this switch in term of speed and power consumption ?

S.A. Wael_Wael,

If your fin 10MHz and fs=50MHz just FFT about a couple of hundred MHZ. The location that you are interested is very lower end of your plot.

mouzid said:
Hi wael_wael,
Could you explain the advantage of this switch in term of speed and power consumption ?

in fact the circuit was used for very low voltage 1 v, and the Fs=5 MHz

Added after 2 minutes:

tekno1 said:
S.A. Wael_Wael,

If your fin 10MHz and fs=50MHz just FFT about a couple of hundred MHZ. The location that you are interested is very lower end of your plot.
u r right, but i am using the simulator to get FFT, so i will try to adjust it, any way i domt think the SFDR in the figure enough for 10 bit resolution, is it right?
bcs 10 bit need 60.2 db as DR
regards

Added after 8 minutes:

by the way i found very useful paper explain the switch in the figure up,
"Input switch configuration suitable for railto-rail operation of switched opamp circuits"

Status
Not open for further replies.