Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmission gate sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog2003

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am unable to decide how to size a transmission gate. I sized them in the ratio of their unCox. The delay is not a huge concern, because the sampling capacitance is very small. Is that it, or some other factor like channel charge injection has to be considered?

Thanks for your help.

nsmission gate

analog2003 said:
I am unable to decide how to size a transmission gate. I sized them in the ratio of their unCox.
In most cases, equal w/l ratios for both p- and nfets are used. But sizing according to their µCox-ratio is also fine, I think.
analog2003 said:
The delay is not a huge concern, because the sampling capacitance is very small.
Make the w/l as small as possible, just big enough for your max. delay requirement. If 2 or more transmission gates have to match, consider the necessary w*l product for your matching requirement.
analog2003 said:
Is that it, or some other factor like channel charge injection has to be considered?
Channel charge injection very often is a problem. Consider at least the simplest compensation method with (1/2)*(w/l) anti-phase-switched drain-to-source-shorted compensation fets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back