Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Translating Pads 5.1 to Specctra 14.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadMan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I can’t open the DSN file out of the Power PCB 5.1 in Specctra 14.2. There does not seem to be any export options either. Any help would be Great…. An older version of the translator maybe?

Thanks

CadMan

There is no "DSN" file extension for PowerPCB..

PowerPCB has a license option to directly export design for autorouting in Specctra...available under menu item "Tools->SPECCTRA..."

Thanks for the reply davorin. The exported “DSN” (the native specctra file that the 3rd party cad programs port to) file from the Translator is the problem. It opens in Cadence PSD V15.0 (newer version of Specctra) but will not open in PSD V14.2 (maps to spectra 10.2). I understand the Pads translator is called a link or link file currently @ V 7.1 as I understand it.

Is anyone using this “current” translator to Specctra V 10.2?

cadman
the new transulator which come with pads2004 support specctra 15.!!
no problem with the same.
there may be a chance in coruption of file system in the system.

binu g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back