Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transition Time vs Propagation delay -> which one is bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivlsi

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

As for the Transition Time and Propagation delays, which one is usually bigger/critical?

Thank you!

Re: Transition Time vs Propagation delay -> which one is bigger?

That is really dependent of the technology node.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a case?

Reactions: ivlsi

ivlsi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Transition Time vs Propagation delay -> which one is bigger?

Hm... What's the situation in the 25nm and 45nm nodes?
Do you have a case?
I just was recently told by someone that the transition delays usually take the significant part in the signals propagation through the nets / cells... Just wanted to check it up ...

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to separate between transition and propagation delays using STA tools (using SPICE I guess it's possible) ?

In any timing report you could know the part due by the trans, the net delay, the cell delay.

hi ivlsi,
I really have no much experience in that case, but I guess: trans seem be less than propagation delay. as I saw in 65nm technology with NLDM lib : propagation > 2xtrans (ofcourse for output trans of the same cell/pin relate/condition/....)

why you did not used CCCS model instead NLDM? less accurate no?

hm... this just a case. I don't think have big difference in ccs model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back