Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistors in Saturation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammadupm

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to put transistor in saturaqtion region.......plz give me some examples

How to put transistor in saturaqtion region.......plz give me some examples
eg. transistor working as a switch .. see details at:
**broken link removed**

Rgds,
IanP
:|

i am designing cascoded amplifier using MOSFET, there i am facing this problem (saturation)...mathematically i calculate that my all transistor are in saturation but when i run it on mentrographics using eldo (TSMC 0.18), it shows different result...............this is my problem brother.........

Try to solve problem with help of simulation .. Sometime math doesn't help !!!

saturation is by definition when Vdsat<Vds.
This said, in many cases Vds is dependent on the circuit itself. So, if you post your circuit with annotated operating point, may be someone will tell you what is going wrong.

How many times we think that out transistor works ok in Saturation but it doesn't!

Check (by graph not by annotation in the schematic) the voltages in Gate, Drain and Source.

Then check the vth of the transistor. There might be a fault there but it's the only you have.

If Vds>Vgs-Vth ( as in theory) then you are well in saturation.

If this is the case but not in saturation, you are loosing an info regarding voltages.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back