Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor identification? Pictures included, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randini667

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transistor identification

Hello,

I am attempting to repair a relay. There are two SMD components I need to replace and I can't seem to identify them. Can anyone shed any insight or is this a hopeless cause? Here are some pics:

kajobaabc.jpg

iajohaabc.jpg

I referenced multiple SMD code sites without luck. Sites like https://www.tkb-4u.com/code/smdcode/

Thanks!

-Randy

transistor pictures

I was able to trace "471" to a **broken link removed**.

and I traced "52" to a ROHM digital transistor (**broken link removed**) using a SMD code book. Does this seem correct?

-Randy

transistor pics

this can help you

identification of transistor

Thank you,

I just don't don't if I should look up the "AJ(R)" or the "52" part. Total newbie here. Better to go to an electronic shop?

-Randy

transistor pic

Maybe a large pic/some pictures including all parts will help us to identify them. :D

randini667

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
diode 471

Here is a thumbnail of what I'm working with:
dajckaabd.jpg

Here is the topside with the broken part in red and a matching component in green:
dajcmaabd.jpg

Here is the backside with the broken part in red and matching in green.
**broken link removed**

I matched the [471] to PZM4.7NB1, Phi, C, SOT346, 4.7V 0.3W zener which seems legit, since the circuit board has "ZD8" painted on it, I'm just taking an educated guess that "ZD8" means "zener diode." Plus the smd code book only has 1 entry for that component.

For [AJR 52] (used just "52") I'm not sure about because the list of "52" is long. Again, I'm taking an educated guess that it's the bold one as seen below, based on (1) the package size and (2) the schematic on the board as a hint that "TR12" could mean "transistor"
52 BAT15-025S Sie CS SOT173 4GHz schottky diode
52 BAT15-025R Sie CZ SOT173 4GHz schottky ring quad
52 Gali-52 MC AZ SOT89 DC-2GHz MMIC amp 23 dB gain
52 BAS52-02V Inf I SC79 Schottky diode 45V 750mA
52 DTA123YE Roh N EMT3 pnp dtr 2k2 +10k 50V 100mA
52 DTA123YUA Roh N SC70 pnp dtr 2k2 +10k 50V 100mA
52 DTA123YKA Roh N SC59 pnp dtr 2k2 +10k 50V 100mA
52 GDZ3.3B Vis I SOD323 zener 200mW 3.3V

and lastly, as you allured to, I used like components to help verify the ambiguity, so I referenced a like one, and came up with this:

[AJR 45] (I referenced "45") and I'm taking yet another educated guess that the component being labeled on the circuit board as "TR10" is a hint that it's a transistor.

45, BAS40-05, Sie, A, SOT23, dual ca BAS40
45, BAS40-05W, Sie, A, SOT323 , dual ca BAS40,
45, BAT14-055S, Sie, CS, SOT173, 8GHz schottky diode
45, BAT14-055R, Sie, CZ, SOT173, 8GHz schottky ring quad
45, DTC124XE, Roh, N EMT3 npn dtr 22k+47k 50V 50mA
45, DTC124XUA, Roh, N SC70 npn dtr 22k+47k 50V 50mA
45, DTC124XKA, Roh, N SC59 npn dtr 22k+47k 50V 50mA
45, EDZ15B, Roh, I EMD2 150mW zener 15V
45, VDZ15B, Roh, I VMD2 150mW zener 15V

Now, my fear is that my reasoning is faulty, and I'm going to make wrong replacements and have wasted my time and money. Am I even close?

-Randy

sot173 images

You can check if Tr12 it's a NPN or PNP transistor by comparing with Tr5
In my opinion you can use any NPN transistor, to be more sure try one with a large output current, at least 0.5-1A.
An as a possible schematics here you are:

randini667

smd transistor identification

LATER EDIT:
And to be more accurate DT7 maybe a digital transistor (built-in resistors).
**broken link removed**
so the schematics re-addapted

randini667

power transistor identification

Firstly, thank you very much for input and illustrations. I am a visual learner, so the schematic I can understand.

So.. If I understand you correctly...

(1) the part 1n5230 will be a good replacement for the zener diode [471]
(2) any NPN transistor that is 0.5A - 1.0A will be sufficient to replace the [ARJ 52] transistor.

Sometimes I wish I had went into electrical engineering or explored electronics more. I appreciate your generosity.

-Randy

a103 resistor

To be more sure about the zenner diode you can check on a similar diode, using a voltage source and a voltmeter. All you need is a 1K-2.2K resistor.
Apply the voltage using the resistor to the tested diode, measure the voltage on diode and you find the real value.

Yes for the transistor 1A it's the maximum value in my opinion, see 2N2222, BC337, BD135...

randini667

bd135 replacement transistor

I Used a [103] resistor from another circuit board and made the circuit as shown in your diagram. The power source was a 12V 2.0A power supply (actual reading on the meter was 11.70V)...

and the voltage did NOT change when I completed the circuit. If I understand correctly, this demonstrates the direction of the diode AND the working order?

-Randy

transistor number identification

So it's not 4.7V as we assumed initially. It's normal to have a diode with more than 12-15V nominal voltage. This diode is only for overvoltage/reverse polarization protection. Instead, choose one with a 18-24V nominal output voltage. See some examples: 1N5252, 1N4749,

randini667

pics of trasistor risistors

Thank you for ur doc.

transistor identification guide

Unbelievable!

Mister_RF,

It worked! Thank you so much. If you lived near me, I'd buy you dinner or something.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi,
Check markingcodes' original type no is our major job.Welcome to join our gold member.
The markingcode promblem you post, i checked them for you.see below:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AJR 2SD1782K-R SOT346 Power Transistor (80V, 0.5A) ... ROH
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
471 PZM4.7NB1 SOT346 Zener Diode-4.7V,0.3W ... PHI

David
I'm one of EDAboard!
e-mail:david@smdok.com
hotmail:smdok@hotmail.com
https://www.smdok.com
---------------------------
we offer check-markingcode,PCB-COPY,Chip-decryption service

We providing searching service of smdcodes(also known as markingcode,top mark,marking and package marking). Our database incluses the codes of transistors, diodes, tvs, thyristors, ics, etc. You will be suprised to find many dip components' code and many smd codes those hard to find in the internet or anywhere else. The news is that the database quantity is grouping up day by day. Nomatter easy code or difficulty code, all you need to do is to input codes and search, instead of collecting everyday. Why? Because we, your support team is doing that for you.
---------------------------

Question - which parts did you end up going with, and where did you buy them?

I'm having the same exact problem with my 2001 Prizm DRL relay

Status
Not open for further replies.