Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor for microwave amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this: MTEE inside ADS.

It required 3 width each, W1, W2 and W3. For my case, it means the 3 width is 3 mm each, since my width is 3mm at 2.5Ghz ( 50ohms)
I just connect them ? how about the length? How do I include it with my hardware fabrication ?

In ADS, you can see how they connect in Layout. In AWR, you also can see the layout for HW. The siftware will dtermine the length automatically.

I didn't use any layout at ADS. I am using the schematic drawing only.
So as for my transmission line and the stub matching , the width are same = 3 mm.
Should I use any MTEE to connect them ?

let me show you how i connect it.

i know the length wont affect the 50 ohm impendence, but then how do I connect them ?
As you seen from the previous attachment, all the transmission line and stub matching stripline are same width, 3 mm.

So the MTEE will same width too, 3mm.

Another thing, since it is same width from the beginning, why I still need a MTEE to connect them ?

See the following picture. The 1.jpg is schematic, the other is layout. If you draw schematics in AWR, and you can get layout from AWR. Then you can export layout file in dxf format, and then import dxf file into Altium. That is very easy and very accuracy.
You can search in this forum, I have posted how to converter AWR design into Altium.
good luck.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 72
I know your idea. But for me, i wasnt using AWR or Altium.
So i cannot test on your method.

nevermind, I just try fabricate it out. Tmr i will draw the autocad file.
Will see how is the result. Still waiting components to deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back