Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor as a resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

transign

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How I could use a simple mosfet as a resistor instead of using a big resistor of 20MΩ ? How should I bias and connect it to my topology?

Thanks!

Hi,

do you really need a MOSFET acting as a 20 M\[\Omega\], or do you need to limit the current in some way?

RB

it's for an RC filter and I want to reduce the area used

Hi,

you know there are very tiny SMD components available e.g. 0201 or 0402, which is way smaller than a transistor. Which kind of current/power has this filter to withstand? I reckon you are aiming to use THT components, is that right?

BR

If you measure and adjust a resistor to bias a transistor to be used as a resistor then the resistance of the transistor will change if the supply voltage changes (a battery voltage running down) and if the temperature changes (as it warms up when turned on or the ambient temperature changes).

Status
Not open for further replies.