Not open for further replies.

powersys

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is it necessary to use the inverting input of the voltage feedback amplifier (VFA) to amplify the photocurrent signal from a photodiode? Can we use the noninverting input configuration of the VFA?

Thank you.

The only configuration I know of connects the output to the inverting input with a resistor, with the photodiode connection being the inverting input.

You need the negative feedback to create a low impedance node for the photodiode. You cannot do that at the non-inverting input.

Keith

Dear Keith,

Thanks for your help.
But could we connect the photodiode to the noninverting input but using a negative feedback?

Thanks

powersys said:
Dear Keith,
Thanks for your help.
But could we connect the photodiode to the noninverting input but using a negative feedback?
Thanks

May I try an answer instead of keith?

Of course, you can. As you said: ...but using a negative feedback.
This means: negative feedback to the non-inv. input by using an additional inverter (sign change) within this feedback loop. But I don`t know if this was your idea behind the question.
LvW

powersys said:
Dear Keith,

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

You could, but then it wouldn't be a transimpedance amplifier - it would be a voltage amplifier. Maybe if you showed what you had in mind I could explain better.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.