Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transimpedance Ampifier - Input Referred Noise Current Density

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am designing a TIA in Cadence, input is current (an idc component), output is voltage (a capacitive load)

I want the input referred noise current density in RMS.

I do a noise analysis. In the noise analysis, I select the input as my input current, and the output as my output voltage node, referenced to ground.

I run the noise analysis. When I go to Print->Noise Summary, I select the bandwidth to be 1Hz to my 3dB Frequency of my TIA. Then, I get the total input referred noise as a number. I select "V" as my unit.

I run it up to the 3db Bandwidth of my TIA (not sure if this is correct, some say run it to 2X BW)

Is this the Input Referred Noise Current Density in RMS ?

I want to eventually get the average input referred noise current density when I divide this RMS value generated by Cadence by the square root of the 3db frequency of my TIA.

Is this correct, or should I do this in S Parameter analysis ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.