Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transient analysis in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrscientist

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folk,

well i ve to implement a structure in HFSS wherein i ve to excite my structure with a transient signal. for this i ve 2 options:

1. Export the equivalent ckt from HFSS to any spice software and then excite it with transient signal.
(I tried this, for this i used driven terminal mode of analysis. But when i go for "matrix data" option in solution data under results, the "export equivalent ckt " option is not enabled).

2. Import transient signal data to HFSS and then excite the structure.
(For this we don't ve any clue).

apart from this i ve few more doubts as below:
1. how to connect 2 structures using wires.
2. significance of eigen mode solutions.

Thanks..................

People have been doing what you are doing for years with HFSS. If you click on "export equivalent circuit" you are calling a licensed feature...if you do not have the license, it will not create the RLC SPICE export. However, most people simply export the touchstone file (S Matrix) and link it to a solution in Designer or another circuit tool. As long as you solve the frequency up to the knee frequency (Interpolating Sweep) of your MTF and ensure that you solve all the way to DC, you will have plenty of spectral data to solve a transient analysis in a circuit tool. The circuit tool will then FFT the data for use in the time domain. It is also important to note that HFSS13 has very good defaults to ensure causal and passive data.

have fun! :)

I have a problem. I run the simulation successfully in HFSS12. But when i want to do transient analysis in HFSS13 for the same structure. It reports that Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port '1' is not a TEM port as required for transient analysis. Here, waveport is used for a CPW. Help me out please, thank you very much!

CPW, Microstrip, Asymmetric stripline, etc. do not have pure TEM modes. They have quasi-TEM modes and the Transient Solver in HFSS 13 will not allow non TEM modes in a wavport. I would suggest setting your problem up with Lumped ports rather than waveports. Also, your question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, it would be best to start a new thread for these questions rather than resurrecting a dead thread.

Have Fun

thank you. The problem is solved with lumped port. But the transient analysis is too slow. Ansoft needs to improve it.

hi,

i want to do transient analysis in HFSS v11 0r v12 to see the radiation pattern of an antenna with respect to time????

first of all tell me if it is possible in HFSS......

i dont see any transient analysis option as such...

In the results tab i can see the TDR(time domain response) option only for lumped ports termination but not in radiation pattern plots.......

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

CPW, Microstrip, Asymmetric stripline, etc. do not have pure TEM modes. They have quasi-TEM modes and the Transient Solver in HFSS 13 will not allow non TEM modes in a wavport. I would suggest setting your problem up with Lumped ports rather than waveports. Also, your question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, it would be best to start a new thread for these questions rather than resurrecting a dead thread.

Have Fun

is transient solver available in HFSS 12....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back