Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transforming 4.5V charger to a usb charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

izua

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I have a bunch of devices that charge only through USB. I also happen to have around lying an old ericsson charger (i'm not sure if it's an adapter or a charger) rated at 4.5 V 300mA. (it's a type 4020061 BV)

How can i step up from 4.5 V to 5 and make it a supply instead of a charger? is it possible? Would it be difficult? Any ideas appreciated

Re: 4.5V to usb charger

since it is DC you would need a DC-DC converter step up the voltage to 5V,,,,

Re: 4.5V to usb charger

Normally, the USB will feed the power supply 5 VDC at pin 1 comparing to pin 4 GND. For the charger, the voltage level 5 VDC and 4.5 VDC should not make any thing difference. I guess you have the problems on the pinout between the 4.5 VDC charger. Although the excellent charger circuit is required the pulse, I believe the constant 4.5 VDC should work. I suggest to check the pinout again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back