Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformerless DC to DC Converter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtisal

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am trying to built DC to DC inverter. At input, I want to providing 12 Volt and at output I want to get 300 Volts. What steps or schematic I have to follow to get this output?
With transformer I can do this more efficiently, But I want to do this without transformer,
Kindly help me out,

Thanks to all,

Imtisal

Re: Trnasformerless DC to DC Converter circuit

Hi Imtisal

I am trying to built DC to DC inverter. At input, I want to providing 12 Volt and at output I want to get 300 Volts. What steps or schematic I have to follow to get this output?
With transformer I can do this more efficiently, But I want to do this without transformer,
Kindly help me out,

Well , you should mention how much power you need ! i think a simple boost converter ( multi step boost converter ) would be fine for this aim . but if your power is low , you can easily use an oscillator and then
a voltage multiplier with diode and capacitor till you earn your desired range of voltage !

Although there are many many ways available for this purpose .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

I want to build 500watt Dc to Dc converter,
But If i use voltage multiplier , Then I have to connect them in cascaded style and then I think large number of transistor (or voltage multiplier) would be required to get 300 DC volts ? Isn't it?

If I am wrong, kindly help me out?

Imtisal

I want to build 500watt Dc to Dc converter,
But If i use voltage multiplier , Then I have to connect them in cascaded style and then I think large number of transistor (or voltage multiplier) would be required to get 300 DC volts ? Isn't it?

If I am wrong, kindly help me out?

Imtisal

You can get 300V and even more, but low power. If you need power use design with transformer.

If you need very low power you can do by voltage multipliers , Other wise you can run a 12v DC motor coupled with a 300V DC generator to get the output. That is the only way

If you need very low power you can do by voltage multipliers , Other wise you can run a 12v DC motor coupled with a 300V DC generator to get the output. That is the only way

How do you mean only way? Can you elaborate and give us some light on this?

What you will get if you put Graetz bridge on HV mains (220V) ?

Is there 12V to 220V inverters (iron core or SMPS), what is principe ?

How do you mean only way? Can you elaborate and give us some light on this?
I mean to get 300vDc from 12Vdc in high power without any type of Transformer(Iron or Ferrite).
What you will get if you put Graetz bridge on HV mains (220V) ?
yes you are right you can get 310v DC
Is there 12V to 220V inverters (iron core or SMPS), what is principe ?
In 12 to 220v inverter with iron core , 12v is switched alternatively changing polarity to the primary of a step up iron core transformer. You get 220vAC on output
Anoter way is to use a smps to boost 12v Dc to 310Vdc and using a H Bridge switch it alternatively changing polarity to the load. You get 220vAC to load

Hi again
For 500 watts , a boost converter would be fine !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hi again
For 500 watts , a boost converter would be fine !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Yes, of course it is useable. But think of the peak current! And you have the disadvantage that, when the switch (MOSFET) is off, VOUT = VIN, instead of 0.

@imtisal,

I think what you what is a circuit without 50Hz transformer. But a ferrite transformer is okay. Use a push-pull converter and a ferrite transformer to step up the voltage. The PWM controller could be SG3525 or TL494 or any of the many easily available controllers. Rectify the high frequency AC into DC and filter it. Use feedback to maintain constant output voltage.

Here is an article you can use as a guide: sound.westhost.com/project89.htm

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Switching (transformerless) DC/AC 12V/230V 150W modified sine wave inverter
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Yes, of course it is useable. But think of the peak current! And you have the disadvantage that, when the switch (MOSFET) is off, VOUT = VIN, instead of 0.
Hi My friend Tahmid
Yes of course you are absolutely right . but when he / she mentioned without any transformer , i think it is the only available way for going through . but of course i agree with you about high frequency transformer . i think if he / she go through the isolated SMPS such as forward or half bridge or push pull , it will be ok .
Best Regards
Goldsmith

Additional to post #11 go to web site home page (Daniel from Czech republic), there is lots of useful circuits, specially for SMPS, inverters, PSU,... :

**broken link removed**

This web location is very nice with useful ideas. Web are periodically updated with new things.

how to use opto coupler...?????
Hi
Simply !
Opto coupler has an LED which if you turn it on , then it's coupled transistor will be turned on !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

i just want to give the input supply from solarpanel..but i m in need of circuit diagram which has above mentioned things...??????
iwould be very gladful ,if anyone can help me out inthis..

Status
Not open for further replies.