Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer to the Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionsbelt

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have just found a voltage regulator, LM2735, which could be a possible solution to my power supply (see the picture). But I am having hard time finding a proper transformer to the power supply. My output voltage should be ±10VDC. The input voltage is +5VDC.

A transformer with a turn ratio of 1:5:5 should be good for this purpose, I think. But I am not sure which transformer type I should use (for example, audio & signal transformer, current transformer, power transformer....etc..).

It would be great if you also could suggest some names of manufacturer.

Thanks!

//OB

Attachments

• LM2735.png
    LM2735.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 97

Your schematic appears to be a step-up flyback, with a tapped transformer producing a bipolar supply.

A simulation is helpful to demonstrate what waveforms result from various combinations of values.

In constructing a flyback, the goal is to design the transformer so it performs as you require, with a 50 percent duty cycle (or thereabouts).

You probably will have a bit of leeway to change the duty cycle one way or the other.

My primary value is not necessarily the correct one in all situations. If your load draws more Amperes than my schematic shows, then you can reduce the primary's inductance.

Status
Not open for further replies.