Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transformer self-resonance frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

yxue

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
is there anyone knows transformer's self-resonant frequency? how to simulate it in HFSS? please help me guys!!!thank you

The bandwidth of transformer is determined based on insertion loss. Haven't heard of this parameter -- transformer's self-resonant frequency. Where did u see this parameter?

yxue

I don´t know if there is what you´re looking for, but when the transformer windings is performed ending not in an entire turn ( n+1/2 ), the electronic model of this transformer is equal to an ideal transformer in series with a 1-Turn inductor ( It can be proven ).

This way is possible to create a built-in inductor with no need of mode cores.
Adding a capacitor the equivalent circuit will get a natural ressonating frequency.

+++

After reviewing the equivalent circuit of transformers, I found there are intra-/inter-winding stray capacitances. These stray capacitances will resonante with the leakage inductances or the winding inductances (at lower frequencies). This phenomenon should be the so-called transformer self-resoance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back