Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transformer schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

franticEB

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all and merry xmas!!!

I'm studying the circuit in figure below

trafouv.jpg

and i don't understand how it's work from a theoretical point of view when switch S1 is open or closed.

I've made some simulations and i've noticed that the square wave on the output is amplified if S1 is on. That's true?

Could you give me some help in understanding? Thanks

Probably L-C values were selected to be resonant at switching frequency, performing an additive effect on output.

+++

The question can't be answered without giving the transformer data.

toroidal transformer (VITROVAC 6025 Z core) with Nprimary=30 turns Nsecondary=30turns and Nthird=10turns

The P/N you gave refers to a family group, in which there are several core sizes.

+++

Just a suggestion. The role of secondary winding and switch S1 can be a shifting of core magnetizing curve. When S1 is closed the DC current through secondary shifts curve toward more linear part out of saturation.
Look at dots on windings.

Last edited:

The top circuit generates a magnetizing current in opposition to the current from the bottom circuit. This prevents the core from saturating due to the the bottom circuit pulsed DC current and allows the signal from the bottom to be transmitted through the transformer. So switching the top winding would appear to have the effect of turning the output signal on and off. But that's just a guess. :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.