Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aunglay

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For two 20kVA isolation transformer, when they are installed in very closed distance about 150 mm gap, is it possible any induce voltage effect to electronic circuit nearby?

Can it be possible the two transformer induction flux become a significant noise source to other electronic controller circuit?

For my case these two 690-400 (delta star) and 400-690V(star delta) are installed as the input and output isolation transformer of the UPS system. All the neutral are grounded in complete ups system.

Please give some advice on me. Thanks

aunglay,
Yes, you can get capacitive voltage coupling due to the electric field, and induced current flow in the printed wiring board traces due to magnetic coupling. Enclosing the transformers in a grounded metal case will minimize the capacitive coupling via the electric field. The use of transformers with toroidal cores will minimize, but not eliminate the stray magnetic field from the transformer.
Regards,
Kral

thanks for your advice.

I still want to know about that electri field is in the horizontal plane or vertical plance?

is the electric or magnetic field can penetrate the 5mm or 100 mm thickness partation wall(not plastic) and effect the electonic circuit at the other side in my case?

please let me share your knowledge. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.