Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer for Battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfkashif

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello experts~~

I need to design 380Vac/110Vdc, 50A continuous DC current battery charger for Lead Acid batteries. First i want to select transformer for this system. Can anybody help how to design transformer for such system. It will be great If I could find some documents with details.

Thnx and Regards~

If you design this transformer, who is going to make it. If you need one, go to a transformer manufacturer or supplier, he will sort you out. If you are designing the charger, just start with the secondary winding and do the rest. It would be helpful if you said what voltage lead acid battery you are designing for. So sort out the voltage required, then the current required. Figure out how you are going to achieve this. Work out what sort of transformer secondary voltage you require - allow for the incoming mains to be on the low side. Go to a transformer manufacturer or supplier to see what the nearest commercial unit available is. It is not practical to wind you own mains transformer.
Frank

Actually by design, I mean selection here. How to select.

I need to design a battery charger with above circuit. I did calculations for transformer selection. I need comments from experts, whether its oke or not??

Please see the attachment.

Thanx & regards~

View attachment Battery Charger.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.