Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

djjoni2

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys a transformer of mine broke (primary winding). So i got it rewound with same number of turns and diameter of wire (790 and 0,35 mm). The traf was rated at 13.5 volts and was pumping out 14.5. Soo now it is at 15.5 v. Im using it to power a sound system creative - t6100 rms wattage 76w total and the woofer is 26w. Do you think that i should unwind some of the wire or just use it. I know that amplifiers use a wide range of voltages. Thanks.

As good systems can withstand power fluctuations so most probably it will work. For precautionary measue, dont play at full volume. You have to put some extra turns not to unwind as it is primary side, if you want to do it.

I usually dont run it at full power :D so now i just need to find a box 4 it :) thnx !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.