Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transferring ucos-ii 8051 port to the flash memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolstuff

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi! i am doing a project on ucos-ii 8051 port using a 89v51 kit.i have completed the port.can anyone guide me on transferring the code and the application on the flash memory using hyperterminal and how do i compile it

ucos ii 8051

I know peoples that hates the IDE and use "ordinary" editor programs, then compiles the code in command line.

If you are not among them you can take a look at **broken link removed** where you can find ported one for either Keil, Tasking or IAR C compilers for 8051.

Hyperterminal it's not suitable for downloading code not even for 8051 derivative with IAP features.
What kind of micro do you have in your 89v51 kit ?

ucosii 8051

its 89V51 a improved version of 89C51.(i don't know in what sense!).suppose i have 2 c application codes(to exhibit multitasking) how should i go exactly about it.i mean how do i compile and put the ucos in flash mem,then how do i put the c code in a given memory location.i would like to know the exact procedure please.
thanks.

89c51 89v51 improvements

Let's start from bottom to top. If you're using Philips P89v51Rx2 (replace x with either B, C or D) then a suitable programmer is Flash Magic from Esacademy
It's improved compared with standard 8051 because can run the code in 6 clocks per machine cycle (X2 mode) rather than conventional 12. Obvious there are a lot of other improvements; read the datasheet to better know them.

Regarding uCos-ii you've missinterpreted the term of multitasking and how to use uC/OS-II.
coolstuff said:
suppose i have 2 c application codes(to exhibit multitasking) how should i go exactly about it.i mean how do i compile and put the ucos in flash mem,then how do i put the c code in a given memory location.

It's obvious you're coming from PC programming world and jumps into embedded one where is no OS like Windows, Linux or whatever. There are not separate memory locations for uCos and your "2 C application code". It's all in one "entity".

In the web page mentioned above you'll find the first note before downloading anything:
Note that only the PORT is provided and it is assumed that you have the rest of the source for µC/OS-II from the book or the upgrade.

I suggest reading first the book to get familiar with uCos then download one of the examples provided in the above mentioned link (I suggest starting with the one ported by John X. Liu using keil software).

If you don't have the book, downloaded from here

From the same author Embedded Systems Building Blocks: Complete and Ready-To-Use Modules in C.

ucos/ii intel port

silvio said:
Hyperterminal it's not suitable for downloading code not even for 8051 derivative with IAP features.
Lucky me that I haven't read this before... as I am using general purpose terminal programs for downloading P89V51RD2s regularly - well not exactly hypoterminal but teraterm - but did try hypoterminal just to see if I'm able to use it in case I'd need to do an upgrade somewhere off my usual stuff, using somebody else's PC...

Not exactly a single-click-away stuff, but not too complicated, either. And the added bonus, you know EXACTLY what you are doing, instead of using a software and just relying on it won't fire back this time... (yes, I have FM installed and using ocasionally, too).

:p

wek

89v51 has x2 mode option

thanks for the links.they were great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.